Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Granola

I made another batch of granola today. It's so good!

3/4 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup maple syrup or honey
1/2 cup water (optional)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
Zest from two oranges

Heat on stove just until syrup mixes in well. Pour over :

7 cups oats
1 cup walnut halves
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup sliced almonds
Anything else you want to add

Mix together and dump onto rimmed cookie sheet. Bake at 250° for 2~3 hours, or until dry, stirring every 45 minutes.

Remove from oven and add dehydrated blueberries or raisins.

3 comments:

  1. We tried it and it's very good - just not as moist as your picture above. Nice hint of orange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you tried it! Yeah, I love that hint of orange. The picture is actually pre-baked, so my finished product was definitely dryer than pictured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making it again tonight - this time with honey. I've only ever used real maple syrup in the past. Lucky me, I still have some random nuts leftover from Christmas baking. Pecans, walnuts, and sunflower seeds. I'm looking forward to breakfast!

    ReplyDelete