Thursday, February 20, 2014

Happy Birthday Cupcakes


My sister sent me a birthday party in a bag (candles, streamers, cards...) so I had to actually make some cake and have a party :)

These vanilla cupcakes were perfect - just as advertised. I whipped some cream until stiff and added powdered sugar until (more) stiff. Topped them with raspberries. Done.

The cupcakes were nice and dense like a Sprinkles-style cupcake - but not overly sweet. They had a nice tang from the vinegar and baking soda, but were sweet enough to not be confused with breakfast muffins. The light, fluffy whipped cream frosting balanced it out really well.

I love whipping cream frosting with raspberries and white cake because my Grandmother used to make that for dessert on Sundays when the berries from their backyard were in season. I'm not generally a huge fan of cake but I could never get enough of my Grandma's dessert.

And now that these have all been eaten, I'm on my way to the kitchen to make some banana muffins... (recipe here)

No comments:

Post a Comment