Thursday, May 31, 2012

RAW Brownie Bites

not the best picture but they were so good!
So last night I made these RAW brownies with cacao powder. They don't need a dehydrator or anything - just a few hours in the fridge. And then I saw the chocolate frosting recipe. So I made that too and slathered it on top. Delicious.

I took the frosted brownies to a baby shower last night so I'd have something gaps-like that I could eat. They are pretty sweet so I can't pretend they're fully gaps ok this early on for me but they definitely kept me from an actual 'cheat'. So I'll take that as a success. And I have a go-to dessert now that can work for non-gaps people.

Update: I added coconut cream (from the top half of a chilled can of coconut milk) to the leftover frosting and it became chocolate mousse. It was unbelievably good.

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU FOR SHARING ONE OF THESE WITH ME AFTER THE CONCERT...CERTAINLY NEEDED AFTER ALL THAT SINGING! THEY ARE SURPRISINGLY FILLING AND VERY TASTY!

    ReplyDelete