Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tuesday's Menu


I always tend to draw a blank when thinking about what we eat so I thought a pictoral guide would be useful for me so that when I actually start menu planning again I can come up with more realistic ideas. We were out of eggs this morning but the yogurt was done, so for breakfast we had 'smoovies' with yogurt, raspberries, banana, and vanilla extract. We also had more of the leftover banana pudding from last night.


After breakfast, I made poppy seed dressing, beef stock, and seed crackers - which I didn't burn this time, thankfully. It was my first time making the beef broth though and I really should have read the recipe a little better first. I roasted the bones in the oven for a while before putting them in but apparently I should have soaked them in vinegar first. So I just added some apple cider vinegar to the broth as it was boiling. I'm not sure if that did anything helpful or not but oh well. They are pastured bones that I got at the Farmer's Market though so I'm sure it's still going to be super healthy to eat.

beef broth
seed crackers
lunch
I made some spinach salad with the poppy seed dressing, spinach, strawberries, feta, walnuts, and some chopped apple. We had leftover salmon from yesterday that I had broiled with just salt, pepper, and some lemon juice and oil. Apples and peanut butter and seed crackers were snacks and then we had bok choy in chicken broth for dinner again. It doesn't look like much but the broth for dinner is surprisingly satisfying.

dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment