Monday, April 9, 2012

Banana Pudding


This comes from Paleo Comfort Foods. Love that book. I have the kindle edition so I can't tell you what page it's on but it's under 'desserts'. I have to say, this did not turn out very sweet at all even though I had well-blackened bananas. I imagine once I've detoxed sugar for a few weeks though, it will taste sweeter. It was nice and creamy and definitely pudding-ish. And was a good enough placebo for my dessert craving for tonight.

1 can coconut milk
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 TB coconut oil
1 TB coconut butter (or real butter)
3 super ripe bananas, smashed
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Heat coconut milk, eggs and vanilla over medium heat, whisking until it starts to thicken. Remove from heat. Meanwhile, heat oil and butter and add smashed bananas. Let them start to carmalize. Then combine with milk mixture in a blender and blend until smooth. Place in a bowl. Let cool slightly and then place some plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding so that the gunky layer doesn't form on the top. Chill. Serve with sliced bananas. Or get super fancy and make it a parfait.

Supposedly this is also good frozen but I haven't tried that yet. And really, I would double or triple the recipe next time because we can really put down the pudding in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment