Monday, April 9, 2012

Back in the Saddle Again

apple celery purple cabbage beet jui

Yup, we're back on 'GAPS'. Or at least our version of it. I'm still not doing intro for a few more months but I hope to be better about including all of the good foods this time (broth, raw yogurt, kraut) as well as keeping out the toxins (processed food, sugar, grains). I'm sick of catching flus and feeling tired all of the time though so I'm definitely ready to get our diet back on track!



On that note, I was super productive in the kitchen today. Juice and eggs for breakfast. Broiled salmon with swiss chard sauteed in butter with some sea salt and a squeeze of lemon for lunch. And chicken broth with bok choy, green onions and a splash of sesame oil for dinner. With some banana pudding for dessert. Because I still love dessert. And I made some banana nut muffins to snack on. Which disappeared fast.


The tragedy of the day was the double batch of crackers that got completely burned and ruined because I was making lunch at the same time and juggling hungry kids. It wasn't pretty.


Also, I started some 24 hour yogurt and finished some labneh yogurt cheese. I added vanilla and cinnamon to half of the cheese to spread on the muffins and saved the rest to go with crackers...gah.


But all in all I did get a ton done. Plus 7 loads of laundry. And 4 chapters of Charlotte's Web for the Monkey. And bathtime for the kids and even a blog post! Now tomorrow I just need to get some beef broth going and work up the gumption to do the crackers again. And soak some seeds. And make some blueberry raisins. Sheesh. GAPS is really a lot of cooking just for the record. But it's good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment