Monday, January 16, 2012

Tritip Roast


My local Trader Joes carries this free range tritip roast. It's the only free range beef I've found there so I was excited about it. We've made it at least three times now. The first time, I followed this tri-tip recipe for the rub and made the carmelized onions to go with it. But we don't have a grill since we have no outdoor space in our apartment so I used this recipe to figure out how to cook it in the oven (sear it in the pan, then bake at 425' for 25 minutes).


We've been more creative with the spice rub the last few times and I haven't made the onions again. They were sooo good though. I should really put in the effort next time we do the roast. Last night's rub for the roast used coriander, cumin, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and some ground cardamom. It was great too.

No comments:

Post a Comment