Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy New Year!


It has been a long time since I've posted. I don't have a lot of free time to be on the computer lately and we were out of town for the last two weeks (yay for family!) - but I am still trying out new recipes and taking pictures so I'll catch up again at some point!

Above is a burger with bacon, cheese, avocado, and onions wrapped in lettuce. It was really good and a bit of ketchup made me not even miss the bun. Which brings me to my real point -

WE'RE GOING ON GAPS!

I've been putting off reading the book for a while because I knew I would love it and it would require a lot of work to change our lifestyle to fit the GAPS diet. I got the book for myself for Christmas and read it over the break - and I do love it and feel like it's a really important thing for us to do right now. So we're taking the plunge.

There are a lot of other places you can read about the GAPS diet so I'm not really going to blog about all of that (start here, here, and here if you're interested). But I will be cataloging my recipes as I go and you will notice that most of them are grain free and sugar free (at least once I catch up on those other fun things I made last month). And along the way I'm going to need to learn how to use a juicer and cook bone marrow and other fun things.

We're starting Sunday - it will be an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment