Sunday, November 20, 2011

Vegan Chocolate Cake


I'm not eating eggs right now in hopes that it will clear up the Boy's eczema. It's working pretty well so far, but tonight I really wanted a treat. Luckily, HOF is visiting for Thanksgiving and reminded me of this Vegan Chocolate Cake recipe I had randomly found in the comments section of a blog post on favorite food storage recipes. Then she made it for me and did all the dishes - it was awesome.


3 c. flour
2 c. sugar
3/4 c. cocoa
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. vinegar
1 c. oil
2 c. water

Sift dry ingredients together. Add vinegar, vanilla, oil and water. Beat well. Pour into ungreased pan. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.


I made a berry compote by simply simmering down frozen blueberries and raspberries on the stove until they made a nice, thick sauce. And then we made it not-so vegan by serving it with whipping cream and ganache. Delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment