Monday, November 14, 2011

Stewed Apple Breakfast


I've been eating this for breakfast pretty much every morning lately. The Boy has some eczema so I'm trying to avoid dairy and eggs to see if it clears up. Since I'm also trying to avoid grains for my own sensitivities, that has pretty much destroyed all of my usual breakfast candidates. So I came up with this.

I just open a jar of my chunky, canned applesauce and warm it up on the stove. Then I open a can of whole fat coconut milk and scoop out a few generous spoonfuls of the cream that hardens in the top of the can. Let it get all melty in the warm sauce. Top with nuts if desired. 

And that's it. I store the coconut milk in a glass tupperware in the fridge and use the liquid part of the can for a smoothie at some point during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment