Thursday, September 22, 2011

Zucchini with Orzo and Feta


I got this great simple meal idea from JL and it was a huge hit at our house. Basically just cook up some orzo pasta, saute some vegetables, and pile them up with feta and pine nuts. We had pecans on hand so I toasted them and used those instead of the pine nuts. It was fan-tas-tic. And simple to make. I hear it also works well with quinoa or brown rice instead of the orzo. Maybe I'd even try amaranth. So good though. And you can sub in whatever veggies you happen to have in your csa box that week.

I chopped up 3 yellow zucchini and 3 rond de nice.
Saute in butter and salt to taste. It was so much zucchini, I started it in two pans and then moved it all into one once it cooked down.
Pile it all up - orzo, veg, feta, nuts - and serve.
Update: We've made this again with brown rice and with couscous. Both versions were great. We love feta at our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment