Tuesday, July 12, 2011

duh


So my mom came to help with the new baby boy. She got to stay for two weeks and it was fantastic. It was also really insightful in terms of seeing my routines from an outside perspective. Well, it took her about one second to figure out that I could soak my oatmeal in the pan it was going to be cooked in.

Why has this never occurred to me before??? We've been eating soaked oatmeal several times a week for over a year now and I've been washing an extra bowl that whole time! Seriously. I was impressed with myself last year, that I figured out I could use the pan lid to cover my bowl instead of wasting saran wrap every night. Gah. Anyway, now I am soaking my oats in the pan they're going to cook in. Poof - half of my breakfast dishes just disappeared - thanks Mom :)

On a side note, I am still loving oats for breakfast. The only reason we don't eat them every morning is that sometimes I forget to soak them the night before. Going on a year now and I still forget a few times a week... but I'm not sick of it yet. I still think it's delicious. Especially since we eat it with butter and real maple syrup. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment