Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Oil Facewash - No Seriously


I saw this post about homemade facewash and was intrigued so I read more about it here. I am excited about switching out my beauty products for homemade all-natural versions but I'm more in the baby steps/read about it phase while I use up what I already have.

Well, I found this idea right as I ran out of my usual favorite fashwash so I thought I'd try it out. I have to say, this au-natural stuff works amazingly well. It's kind of weird, yes, but it totally works. My skin feels fantastic for 2-3 days after doing it. The only odd part is getting used to not washing my face with anything in the shower. You're just supposed to splash with water on the days you don't do the full cleanse so that's taking some getting used to.

But seriously, this facewash is great. And it's totally natural, easy to make, cheap, and I don't need to use moisturizer when I'm done (so double the cheapness factor). Oh, and you can adjust the proportions for your skin type. V even likes it. Which is saying something.


30% or less Castor Oil
70% or more Olive Oil
few drops essential oil for scent (opt.)

Mix oils together. Put about a quarter sized amount on your palm. Rub your hands together to warm the oil. Rub all over your face for about 5 minutes or until oil has been well massaged into all the pores on your face.

Turn on faucet and let water get really hot. Wet a washcloth under hot water and squeeze out. Washcloth should be hot. Drape over face and let sit until the washcloth cools off. Repeat 4-6 times or until it feels like the oil has been well removed. You shouldn't need to wipe it off with the washcloth, just let the hot towel sit on your face and it will draw it all out of your skin.

Repeat as needed - about 2-3 times per week or more often for troubled skin.

Notes: Use about 15% Castor Oil for dry skin and up to 30% Castor Oil for oily skin. Feel free to experiment with proportions. Also, if you like it, get a small bottle to store it in so you don't have to make it every time.

1 comment:

  1. I started using this a little while ago and liked it too!

    ReplyDelete