Friday, May 20, 2011

Italian Pasta Salad


Well this really isn't super healthy but I enjoyed it. I was mostly trying to use random things up that we had in our fridge and I didn't measure anything so it's not a recipe - but I do want to document it as a meal idea that wouldn't usually occur to me.

I used multicolored bowties, kalamata olives, Italian parsley, feta, salami, hot sopressata, Parmesan, spinach, yellow bell pepper, and topped it with balsamic vinaigrette. It turned out really well and was different enough from my normal repertoire that it kept my interest for three whole meals.

I will say I was surprised at the volume of toppings that the pasta seemed to suck up. I felt like I chopped a ton of stuff to go in it and I probably could have doubled the volume of everything but the pasta and still been ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment