Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sugar Cookies


These are my St. Patty's Day sugar cookies in all their green food-colored glory. I love this sugar cookie recipe. It's from one of my best friend's moms growing up. Thanks CF!

1 ¼ cups butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
5 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
½ cup milk

Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs. Add remaining ingredients, alternating flour and milk, and blend gently.


 Wrap in saran wrap and refrigerate for ½ an hour. 


Roll out in shapes and bake at 350’ for 8-12 minutes. 


Make frosting by beating together 8 oz cream cheese and 1/2 a stick of butter. Add powdered sugar until desired consistency and a small amount of extract, if desired. I use powdered vanilla so it stays white and thick. Decorate cooled cookies.

2 comments:

  1. oh man - I want these. But I have to say...you need a shamrock cookie cutter! I love the jelly beans idea. Is it Easter yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could definitely use some cookie cutters! I have pared down to gingerbread men-only since my kitchen is so small but maybe as the Monkey gets older, I'll give in and get a few holiday themed ones. I used to have a really cool bunny for Easter. I'm missing it about now.

    ReplyDelete