Monday, March 21, 2011

Sloppy Joes


Oddly enough, I've only made Sloppy Joes three times in my memory. The last two times were several years ago and involved a can of Manwich and some ground hamburger. lol. We never ate them growing up so I'm giving myself a bye. Anyway, I did them from 'scratch' this week and I felt magic. And they're super easy. I'm sure there are better recipes out there but this one was fast and simple and off the top of my head, so I'm keeping it for now.

1 onion
1 lb grass fed hamburger
Salt and pepper
Bbq sauce
Tomato sauce

Brown chopped onion in some oil. Add hamburger and brown.  Add bbq sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Remove V's portion (he likes bbq only), and add tomato sauce to desired consistency. Taste and adjust. Serve over whole wheat hamburger buns (I used these).

Note: hmmm, I haven't posted TM's homemade bbq sauce recipe. It's delicious. I'll have to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment