Sunday, March 6, 2011

Chocolate Pudding Cakes



I really thought I got this recipe off of epicurious.com but I can't find it on there and it's been a few years, so I really don't remember where it came from. Suffice it to say, it's delicious. It's super chocolaty and must be served hot and with ice cream.


Batter:
1 cup all-purpose flour 
2 TB cocoa powder 
1 1/2 tsp baking powder 
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon 
1/2 tsp salt 
2 TB unsalted butter, softened 
2/3 cup sugar 
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract 
1/2 cup milk 
2 oz white chocolate chips 


Topping: 
5 TB granulated sugar
5 TB packed brown sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups boiling water




Preheat oven to 350 degrees with the rack in the center. Mix the batter by sifting together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt into a medium bowl. Set aside. Stir together butter, sugar, and vanilla in another medium bowl. Stir in flour mixture and milk, then the chocolate. 


For the topping, stir sugars together in a small bowl. Add cocoa powder and stir. Place 6 ramekins on a baking sheet. Pour in batter. Sprinkle with topping. Pour 1/4 cup boiling water into each. Bake until set, 25 to 28 minutes. Top with ice cream; serve immediately.




Notes: Apparently ramekins aren't a standard size. I use my random assortment of ramekins that haven't been broken yet when I make this recipe and usually end up with about 7 because I have 4 small and 3 large. The recipe specifies that ramekins should be 3 1/2 inches in diameter and 1 1/2 inches deep. Usually the full 1/4 cup boiling water doesn't all fit in my small ramekins but they still turn out just great. Also, lest anyone be confused, there are 8 very full ramekins in the pictures because I made 1 1/2 times the recipe to use up the last 3 oz of my white chocolate chips.

Update: It was a Martha Stewart recipe. I found it here.

1 comment:

  1. Yum. I am going to try this tonight! Looks sooo tasty! Thanks for the recipe! Hope you are feeling well. ;)

    ReplyDelete