Friday, March 18, 2011

BBQ Chicken


I used up the last of my frozen, whole chickens this week. I had planned on doing the usual lemon-thyme roast chicken but I was out of lemons, fresh garlic, and thyme. lol. So I went with bbq chicken instead. It's a slightly modified version of this recipe and it was simple and quick - my main requirements these days.

1 whole chicken, chopped into pieces
salt and pepper
garlic powder
bbq sauce

Arrange chicken in a 9x13 pyrex with the skin on and sprinkle generously with salt, pepper, and garlic powder (I had a picture but honestly, raw chicken looks disgusting). Bake at 350' for 1 hour or until cooked thru. Remove from oven, remove skin from chicken, and baste with a generous amount of bbq sauce.


Return to oven and cook an additional 30 minutes. May baste with additional sauce at the 15 minute mark but this will make the chicken more 'saucy' with less of a glaze-type effect.

Note: the leftovers made yummy chicken sandwiches with avocado. But bbq chicken salad also sounded good.

No comments:

Post a Comment