Sunday, February 6, 2011

Crepes


Apparently I haven't posted the recipe for these. Weird. It's one of my standard recipes but I've started making them a lot lately. This is mostly because I've been way too lazy to make bread but also because I got the idea from this blog post to eat them pbj style. I think we've had peanut butter and jelly crepes at least three times this week for lunch. Really yummy and they are easily portable wrapped in plastic wrap.


1 cup soft white wheat flour (or white)
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 TB coconut oil or butter, melted

Place ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth. Makes about 16 crepes for my crepe maker (If you don’t have one, get one for your birthday. We got it from my aunt for our wedding and love it so much, it has survived 9 moves without being given away). Serve with peanut butter and jam or bananas and pb or strawberries and cream cheese with whipped cream. 

Note: They aren't super filling. I spread the peanut butter pretty thinly but I need about four of them for a meal  with fruit or veggies on the side. Also, I want to try them with labneh and slivered red peppers and cucumbers, or sliced turkey and avocado with sprouts. Any other suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment