Sunday, November 28, 2010

Ribbon Salad


There is nothing 'real food' at all about this jello salad. It's a standard for V's family holiday dinners though so I thought I'd share the recipe. I always forget how much it drives me crazy to make. I could never do one of those 12 layer ribbon salads. This one takes me all day as it is. Not hard to do, just takes all day.


1 (3 oz.) pkg. Red fruit
1 ¾ c. boiling water
1 (3 oz.) pkg. Lemon jello
1 c. boiling water
½ c. sour cream
½ c. mayonnaise
¼ c. chopped nuts
1 (3 oz.) pkg. lime jello
1 c. boiling water
1 (8 ½ oz.) can crushed pineapple

Dissolve cherry jello in 1 ¾ cups boiling water.  Pour in 8 inch square pan.  Refrigerate until set.  Dissolve lemon jello in 1 cup boiling water; add undrained pineapple and refrigerate until slightly set.  Carefully pour over cherry jello layer.  Refrigerate until completely set.  Carefully pour over lime jello layer.  Refrigerate until completely set.  Cut into squares and serve.


Note: I doubled the recipe for the 9x12 pictured. Remember to use an 8x8 for the original recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment