Friday, May 28, 2010

Pictures Can Be Deceiving


This quinoa salad looks so yummy in the picture, but it actually didn't taste like anything. When I read other people's food blogs, I always think everything looks so yummy, but sometimes when I try a recipe, I'm left wondering if they just take really good pictures. Also, since the main point of this blog is to have all my recipes in one place, I don't really post meals I didn't end up liking. But I do want to state, for the record, that plenty of my meals end up as flops - even if they're pretty. The fava bean recipe below was from the new Mario Batali cookbook I gave to V for his bday. Our previous experience with MB's recipes has been solid, so I'm left to conclude that maybe I just don't like fava beans. I am giving brussel sprouts another try tonight tho, in hopes I can free up the slot of 'vegetable I don't ever want to eat again'.

No comments:

Post a Comment