Monday, April 12, 2010

This chicken keeps going and going...



I bought this million dollar fryer chicken last week. Pasture raised etc. I don't mind spending money on the nicer cuts of grass-fed meat, but it's taken me a while to pay that much for a fryer. So I finally did. And I've been completely amazed at how long it's lasted. I roasted it for the first night and we ate the drumsticks and thighs. After dinner I took off the meat, separating the breast portions from the rest. I got about 13 cups of stock out of the remaining bones and skin that tastes amazing. We had chicken on salads with some of the dark meat the next day. I had the rest of it with home fries the day after. We had half the breast meat today with roasted yams and there's still enough left to throw on salads for lunch tomorrow. So if I include the Tuscan Bean Stew I made with some of the broth, I've gotten six meals out of that one chicken! And lots of stock in the freezer for later. I think I should go get another...

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Look at you fancy girl. Looks so yummy. Made Navajo Tacos with Navajo bread from sratch and the Chicken Katsu from scratch too in the last week. I'll send the recipes to you.

    ReplyDelete