Thursday, March 11, 2010

Blender Cheese Sauce

2 cups milk
2 TB butter
4 TB flour
1 cup shredded cheese
salt to taste


Heat milk until hot, but don't let it boil. Pour hot milk into blender. Add butter and turn blender on. While going, add flour slowly. Once mixed, add cheese with blender still on. Stop blender and taste. Add desired salt or more cheese. Notes: use as cheese sauce for noodles or other recipe. If you want it thicker, add more flour before adding cheese, remembering that it will thicken as it cools. This is the easiest, cheater bechamel sauce I've found. 

2 comments:

  1. What's the benefit of doing it in that order? I usually do the butter, flour and salt in the blender, then add the milk. Once they're blended I drop in the cheese. Does is matter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I'm sure it doesn't. That's just how mom made it. I think the only thing is to add the cheese after the other stuff is mixed.

    ReplyDelete